July 26, 2016
Summer Blockbuster Season is once again upon us, and we’re so excited that it’s here! There is so much to look forward to, no matter what movies are premiering, and we’ve listed our reasons to be excited here.
- Air conditioned movie theaters are the best way to beat the heat.
- Nearly every major release has a lot of special effects.
- And each year, the special effect, stunts, and CGI in summer movies keep getting better.
- There’s always one sequel that you’re dying to see… (cough Independence Day: Resurgence)
- And a comic book adaptation… (Suicide Squad)
- And a film that’s so bad it’s good… (Now You See Me 2)
- And a film that flies under-the-radar but ends up being the best film you’ve seen all year. (TBD, of course.)
- Sitting through a two and a half hour movie is a perfect excuse to eat movie popcorn for lunch (or dinner).
- There’s a big movie release every weekend, so no matter what genre you prefer or demographic you’re a part of, there’s a film for you.
- Because school’s out, you get more animated films in summer than in other seasons.
- Plus, there’s usually a tear-jerker from Pixar so everyone gets to feel like a child again.
- One or two limited-release films end up becoming surprise hits, simply because filmmakers made a good movie and people went to see it (and liked it).
- Our favorite actors and actresses have joined major film franchises, so there’s a good chance that we’ll see them on screen during the summer.
- Plus, they’ll be obligated to do press, meaning we get fun viral videos and late night talk show interviews.
- We’ll get to start making Oscar predictions.
- And we’ll also get to start making Razzie predictions.
- Because we’d otherwise have to wait several months to see our newfound favorite films again, we can call in sick from work to go watch a movie.